- President Obama's Remarks on Immigration Reform and an Exchange With Reporters, as published in Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States, 15 June 2012: "Effective immediately, the Department of Homeland Security is taking steps to lift the shadow of deportation from these young people. Over the next few months, eligible individuals who do not present a risk to national security or public safety will be able to request temporary relief from deportation proceedings and apply for work authorization."
- Memorandum from Janet Napolitano, Secretary of Homeland Security, 15 June 2012, implementing Obama's remarks: Exercising Prosecutorial Discretion With Respect to Individuals Who Came to the United States as Children .
- Current law on Inadmissible aliens, "Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate." 8 United States Code, section 1182 (as of 7 February 2017).
- DHS Announces Further Travel Restrictions for the Visa Waiver Program, February 18, 2016.
Of current interest
- Related bill as introduced in the House: Bar Removal of Individuals who Dream and Grow our Economy Act ("BRIDGE Act"), H.R. 496 (IH), January 12, 2017.
- Related bill as introduced in the Senate: Bar Removal of Individuals who Dream and Grow our Economy Act ("BRIDGE Act"), S. 128 (IS), January 12, 2017.
- President Trump's Executive Order, "Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States", as it appears on the White House website and the official version as published in the Federal Register, Executive Order 13769, January 27, 2017.
- Video of hearing, Western District of Washington, State of Washington vs. Donald J. Trump, et al, 3 February 2017.
- State of Washington & State of Minnesota v. Trump, information on this case provided by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, with documents beginning 3 February 2017.
- Department of Homeland Security's implementation memos, fact sheets, press releases, etc. related to the President's "Executive Orders on Protecting the Homeland".
- President Trump's Executive Order of 6 March 2017, "Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States", as it appears on the White House website and the official version as published in the Federal Register, Executive Order 13780, March 9, 2017.
- How Does CBO Estimate the Effects of Proposed Legislation Affecting Immigration?, Congressional Budget Office, 27 March 2017
Please contact me if you would like assistance finding materials!